Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wednesday - Saturday July 27th

Wednesday was a rest and recovery day - lots of stretching and getting my body back to not being sore. I also took a step towards eating a bit better, too.

Thursday was a training night - and the numbers are starting to show that people are not really into rugby in the fall. Shame, really. Best time of the year to play.

After the training session, saw a few guys I haven't seen in years. The Alumni-Niagara Old Boys game is on this weekend, and more than few are coming back to play in it. Fun times, man.

I still got this done for three rounds;

5x50m sprint
20 feet up push ups
20 seated knee tucks.

A good amount of rolling and stretching done after, too.

Friday was a wash out. Lots of family stuff going on. I did a five minute stretching session in the morning and made sure I drank water all day. Nice long walks trying to get the two year old tired.

Saturday is a rugby day. We won. I asked if I was going to be needed as a sub for the firsts and was turned down. So, I had a pint and a beer and left after the first team game.

That night was a fancy dinner for players, alumni and friends. I met Al Charron and left right after the speeches. Judging by some of the shirtless wonders on facebook that appeared after the dinner, I didn't miss much. I'm sure the alumni and their wives, as well as the rest of Rugby Canada and Rugby Ontario reps have a different attitude towards my rugby club now. Or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment