Thursday, October 30, 2014

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday Oct 29

I'd love to tell you that I'm wallowing in the pain of losing on Saturday. I'd show you my still bleeding scars and yellowing bruises and say "Here, here is my pain.".

I have to repeat myself at this time. That. Isn't. Me.

I got my helmet on and went to work on Monday. I stretched and rolled ahead of the day. I got my kids out and to school on time. Life goes on. It does.

After my day as a father ended, I got a run in. I keep making the length longer. I'm trying to get my Nike+ account to a nice round 2000 by the end of the month. I want to get my weight loss for March under way. I want to regain some of the hardness I've misplaced over the last 18 months. Running seems to be one of the easiest ways to regain that.

Of course I've got wrestling on the brain these days, too.

In any case, Monday I did my morning stretching and rolling recovery work on my legs, back and shoulders. After that I got to work and then later on I got a 4k run done.

Tuesday I got my morning stretching and rolling recovery work done on my legs, back and shoulders. After that I got to work and then later on I got a 5k run done.

Wednesday I got my morning stretching and rolling recovery work done on my legs, back and shoulders. After that I got to work and then later on I got a 4.5 k run done.

I'm sensing a pattern here. I keep thinking of the lines:

The drop of rain
maketh a hole in the stone
not by violence
but by oft falling
                    Hugh Latimer

I'm making a hole in the stone by oft running. Same thing, different flavour.


No comments:

Post a Comment