Friday, June 9, 2017

Monday to Thursday June 8

This was a weird, busy week.

I heard that I will be teaching summer school - an eLearning spot for me this summer. I'm stoked.

I heard that my kids are almost done their Tuesday night things so that I should be going back to twice a week rugby training. I'm hoping to master the lineout calls at some point.

I did get a light kettlebell training session in on Tuesday as well. Three rounds of:
20 Hand to hand swings
20 kb cleans
20 kb cleans and presses
20 kb snatches

I did stretch and roll every morning this week and got walks on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was a wash, thanks to a non-sleeping child.

Thursday, of course, was rugby. I'm trying to avoid too much overhead lifting at this time. I'm doing some lifting during training of lineouts. I have gotten into the habit of throwing and then lifting. I did also stay on the pitch long enough to do some work on the throw-ins and then got this done for three rounds:

3 x 40 m sprints
15 BW squats
15 push ups
15 seated knee tucks

I know, that's not much of a workout. It is more than I did last week, and I want to build gradually. I do also need to increase the non-rugby night training sessions, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment