Monday, August 1, 2016

Monday August 1, 2016

Well, isn't this a fine kettle of fish I've gotten myself into.

The WordPress switch just never happened.

The ongoing struggles with "things around me" continues.

I did read my email this morning and got a little poke in the rear end from Vic Magary. He's a fitness guy I've followed for several years ... I even won a coffee mug in a contest he ran on Periscope a while back.

What hit me from Vic's email was that this Monday, was the first of the month and also a Monday; this won't happen again for a while. I needed to take some action to start something good today in order to keep moving forward.

A good chunk of the day I wondered about getting back on the writing bandwagon. Just write something every day. And so ... here it is.

Right.

Things are going well in the rugby season. We are running three teams this year and all three teams are either in first place or in second place in their leagues. I've yet to step on the pitch to play firsts, but lots of rugby being played, so that's ok.

A fair amount of fitness going on - playing catch up at the moment, if I'm being honest. Life just kept kicking my ass this past spring. I survived, but barely. I just couldn't get my butt moving. I just couldn't get to lift anything. It was not fun.

At the end of May, I got to finally play some rugby and forget about my troubles. But, without much of a preseason and without much fitness, I was and am a shadow of what I was like two seasons ago.

Shameful.

I'll keep this post brief - I went for a 3.5k run tonight. I did some thinking about what I want to see happen in the next ten months, as well.

Lots to do, lots to do.

Oh yeah, also picked up a Polar HR monitor. Works like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment