Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sunday Dec 11


So ... I'm going to begin again.

Not because I want to do something cool, like wrestle in the 2017 GR Nationals. Not because I want my rugby club to win promotion - although either of those things would be awesome ... no, this time I'm training because I need to get myself ready for some surgery.

Not too many details, here, but I need to cut about 50 more pounds off of my body.

Yeah, that's not going to happen with just walking. You and I both know that.

To that end, I did some meal prep for the week today - got some chicken for dinners and vegetables all chopped up for my lunches ready to go.

Made sure that I shared my vision for nutrition with my wife and she's on board. We actually went by ourselves to do the grocery shopping yesterday. That hasn't happened in 15 years. I like the growing independence of my children. We got the start of the week handled so far.

On Sunday, I got a chance to train with my son in the room. We were safe, although watching the lawn get covered in snow was a drag. I knew it was coming, it's just sad it's here.

Got this done for five rounds

20 hand 2 hand kb switches
20 kb cleans
20 kb cleans and presses
20 snatches
20 step ups
20 bicep curls
15 push ups

Not a bad workout. At this point, I'm just happy to be training. I need to step this up and get this taken care of. I want to get this done and get back to rugby as quickly as I can.

I can't run; at least not yet. Until then I'm going to be doing these CrossFit type sessions most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment