Monday, September 26, 2011

Sunday and Monday Sept 26


Sunday was a day of recovery. Lots of foam rolling, stretching. I did work up a bit of a sweat with my kids in my garage, but nothing major. Just too many of them and only one very sore me.

My ankles were are fire, man. I dunno if that's the game I play, or me. I'm icing them a day later.

I any case, on Monday, I was pretty happy with a weight check (238) and did a really good workout. I did this for five rounds:

8-10 tire deadlifts - got up to 190lbs inside the tire, plus the weight of the tire
10 TRX body rows
20 feet up push ups
20 KB swings - 44lb bell used
10 bicep curls (40 lbs used)
10 triceps extensions
20 weight overhead lunges (25lb plate used)
10 knees to chest while hanging off the chin up bar




Man, that was grueling. I'm pretty sure I'll be sore tomorrow.

Ate this:

After training breakfast: protein smoothie: powder, milk and frozen berries in the blender.

Snack: coffee on the way into work

Lunch: tuna sandwich, veggies with hummus and pita. Water to drink.

Dinner: Roast beef, rice and veggies. Water to drink.


Monday wasn't nearly as ugly as I thought it was going to be. On top of that Canada is about to play rugby v Japan. It'll be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment