Thursday, January 10, 2013

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday Jan 9

Monday was a "holy cow, I'm back to work!" day. I stretched and ate poorly, but other than that, I just wallowed in self-pity.

Tuesday I felt a lot like saying "Firetruck off" to myself and got this done for three rounds as quickly as I could:

20 KB two handed swings
10 kb cleans each side
20 feet up push ups
15 hanging knee tucks

after I got that done, I tried some Turkish Get ups with the 50 lb bell. That was tough, as I have not done them for a long time.

I'd like to get batter at them ... and I will.

I did see a few certifications / workshops I'd like to do, but I'm unsure of them. I might do a cheap one, just to tick a box on my annual personal goals list. However, I'm wondering about the really expensive ones. I mean, really, how good is a two day workshop going to be if I have to recall it for the next five years? Is it really all that useful?

Is it worth the money and time, I guess I'm really asking. I have a lot on my plate at the moment ... and I mean that literally as well ... and taking time away from my kids is the same as slapping my wife in the face. I just don't want to do that. Ever. They are only young once, I hear someone saying in the back of my head.

In any case, I'm thinking I'm going to have to do some heavy lifting this next few weeks, both in terms of career plans and furniture moving. I know that my training helps me focus and keep things in perspective.

Wednesday was another "Holy crap, I'm part of a rather busy family" day. I had to pick up kids, get groceries, cook, clean, deliver kids to pools and ... just a ton of stuff. Training didn't happen, but I did get one of these from Kijiji:

Mine, of course, will not have socks in the background





No comments:

Post a Comment