Sunday, September 18, 2016

Saturday and Sunday Sept 18

Yeah, I like weekends when I have nothing to do but chase my son around the house ... well, sort of. I'm told I'm going to miss these days some day. But not today.

He didn't sleep well Friday night, or Saturday night for that matter. Up at midnight and stayed up until about 2am. Cranky McKranerpants the next day.

Saturday I did get a heavy bag session in my garage done. So cool to have my own music running while watching my heart rate on a computer screen go at the same time. At least the guess work about whether I'm training hard enough is gone. I know how hard the session is while I'm doing it. Pretty cool. After this session, I checked weight and I was 266.

I had a chance to eat well on Saturday and hang out with my family. My youngest didn't like the rain, so he stayed inside.

Sunday was a nice early rise ... in fact, I watched the sunrise with my son today. He wasn't too impressed, but at least he was out of the house so that everyone else could sleep in a little.

I did get a kettlebell session in today, but literally as I put the weights down from my last set, I was told to take my youngest out of the house for a few hours. I got this done for five rounds:

20 hand to hand kb swings
20 kb cleans
20 kb clean and presses
20 kb snatches
20 step ups
20 bicep curls

At the end of this session, I did also test my heart rate recovery and I got from 168 to 109 in about 90 seconds. It was just after I wrote the results up on the walls of my garage that I left for a shower then out for a few hours. Nothing too exciting to report. The nice thing was that ankle and hamstrings are still recovering nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment