Sunday, March 4, 2012

Saturday and Sunday March 3 and 4

Well, I had to be a dad these days. Which is cool, but it does cut into my training somewhat. Which is a-ok with me. Saturday, I turned my garage into a workout area for me and all of my children. While I worked with kettlebells and jumps, they climbed ropes and worked on a balance beam. Good stuff all around.

I got a lot of rounds of these done. Not sure how many exactly, but a lot:

20 BW squats
20 feet up push ups (got some "help" from my son a few times on these)
10 hanging knee tucks
20 two handed swings with a kb - my son kept "occupying' one, then the other
10 KB press ups - same thing

all the time, I kept circling around - jumps, climbs, crawls and gymnastic type movement. For an hour or so. Lots of fun and my kids got a kick out of it.

I ate this:

Breakfast: eggs and meat, coffee to drink

Lunch: small bowl of pasta. No, I didn't cook it

Dinner: carrots and hummus, stir fry beef and vegetables over rice. Water to drink.

After that, I went for an 8k run.

Sunday was a little different, as we had to get up and get stuff done.

I got this workout done by myself while everyone else was napping or swimming. Five rounds of:


20 kb rh swings
20 kb lh swings
15 kb cleans each side
20 two handed swings
20 feet up push ups
10 hanging knee tucks
6-8 tire dead lifts

By the end of that I was pretty sweaty.

I ate ok today, too:

Breakfast: steak and eggs. Coffee to drink then water.

Lunch: small bowl of pasta

after training snack: left over stir fry beef and vegetables. It was quick and yummy, with extra roast beef, too.

Dinner small bowl of left over pasta with chicken breast. Water to drink.

Yeah, you can tell who prepared what meal, man. Becoming clear where some of my difficulties lay in my immediate future when it comes to maintaining this weight. I really have to get my family on board.

After I got kids and wife to bed, I went for a 5k run.

On with Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment