Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wed May 23

Another good day, in the books. I did the 4.something k run in the morning; which freed me up to train in the evening.

I'm sorry to say that I didn't get a chance to train in the evening, though. I had to get a pair of "real" rugby boots, as I was selected to play firsts v Windsor this weekend. Now, don't get all excited, man. I think I was the third choice for the spot. I'm the one they went to after the other choices flopped out on them.

I needed better footwear to ensure I at least looked the part. I also got some new kit. Should be exciting stuff Thursday at training.

I also got a chance to read the "Better Aerobic Training" article on Callum's blog. That's a bit above my pay grade, to be frank. I'm on week three of the cycle I'm enjoying the results I'm seeing in my fitness. Seems the coaches are, too. I do need to work on the more technical aspect of rugby - especially the restarts, but I think I shouldn't cause the team to lose on Saturday. In fact, I now think of this as an opportunity to demonstrate my training to my club. That, and I should be active in my endeavours to keep that spot for Club Day June 2 at home.

In ant case, I ate this:

Breakfast: poor planning lead me to Tim Hortons for a Belt and a coffee

Lunch: tuna, almonds and carrots. Water to drink.

Dinner: vegetable and tuna wraps, water to drink. Those were good, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment