Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sat Feb 27

This was a good day. I got to go to the Stregth Box and test myself - which was pretty cool. At least I know that the training I have been doing is somewhat effective.

How do I know that, you ask? Good question.

Well as a part of today's clinic, we all got to get judged in a 5 minute KB snatch test. Here's a video of the snatch:



I did 94 snatches of a 30 lb KB in 5 minutes. Which, considering that was the longest "set" I've ever done, is not bad, in my opinion. In working out on my own and not recording any of the KB workouts I have done, or skills that I have tried, I don't get feedback on form. When I did get judged, I went with the idea that the first three snatches were going to be "no counts", as I'd never really had anyone looking at how I snatch.

That was a highlight, for sure.

It was a 90 minute workout and an example of how to do further training and development in Kettlebell Sport. I was pretty satisfied with the cost, time and ideas that I learned. Hmmm ... extra blogpost, anyone?

I ate this today:

breakfast: coffee

Lunch: roast beef wrap with tomatoes and spicy stuff

Snack before the workout: coffee

After the workout: chicken breast, salad with a nice glass of wine

Dinner: two slices of pizza with a beer.

I did check weight today, which was slightly disappointing, but considering what my diet was like this week, hardly surprising that I was up two pounds. I know that demands on my time will become greater and that time for training will be taken by work or family. In that case, anything I want to accomplish will come down to what I put in my mouth.

I think this video is something that I need to replay again and again....

No comments:

Post a Comment