Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sun Feb 20

what's not to love about a long weekend? Unless it snows, of course. Tomorrow is Monday, but we have it off here in Ontario. Did I mention I love being Canadian? Paid days off. Awesome stuff, man.

After church this morning, did a recovery workout, during which I figured out a way to use the bench's arms as a squat rack and did squats. I also got the "full" mat out and did some wrestling as well as some work on my KB snatch.

I did a few rounds of this over a 40 minute period:

160 lb squat x 8-10 reps
10 KB snatches 53 lb KB.
ground wrestling/lifts with the punching bag (2 minute goes)

a lot of stretching and recovery work before and after. It felt good being in daylight, stretching and making sure everything was ready for the week. Even swept out the floor, too.

Ate this:

Breakfast: coffee

Lunch: roast beef wraps with a salad and veggies. Beer to drink at the rugby club.

Dinner: bowl of pasta with my kids

After groceries: hot sauce with chicken and salad on a wrap. Hot, hot crazy hot. Beer to drink.

The hot sauce was a recommend from people at work. They told me it was hot, I used it sparingly and it was simply the warmest thing I've put in my mouth in a while. Made eating worth while, man. We'll see what else it brings to me tomorrow; I'll keep you posted.

It's snowing outside, and I am soooooo sick of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment