Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fri April 15

Today was just messed up from the start and I just couldn't get any purchase on it to change it. I did what I could with a crappy hand. Tomorrow should be better.

I woke up early, held my wonderful boy in my arms from about 4am until it was time to get ready for work at 6:20am. We tried to sleep, but we napped instead. Short periods of sleep, rough interrupted by my boy's need for fussing.

It made for a long day - made longer by apathy. Not mine, but rather it reflected off of people around me. It's just a sign that perhaps I am the sole object of derision and scorn ... at least that is what it felt like today at times. Meh, it should be water off of a duck's back by now, but it's one of the things that makes my job just that much tougher. It's a lot tougher when you need sleep.

I ate this today:

Breakfast: coffee on the way in

Snack: coffee and water

Lunch: I was at a small Friday gathering. My diet was off as a result. Lots of carbs and sugar. Coffee, tiny donuts, samosas, water later on.

Dinner: chicken, salad. My kids kept offering me their french fries. I love them, but it was their treat for the week. I had a glass of white wine to drink. Kinda left my stomach a little bitter.

I didn't work out today, as I feel asleep with my son after his bath. We lasted a few hours, then I fed him again at 1am. It's been a long day, man. A long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment