Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sat April 9

I'm going to just put this out there: this was a weird day.

It started waaaaay too early for a Saturday, with my two older children jumping on me as I tried to sleep in. Yeah, they were up and so, I guess I had to be, too. I'd done the 2am feeding last night and my wife thought I needed to start my day at 6am. Nice

I got the family coffee and muffins, then went for my workout. The youngest feel asleep and so I had a few minutes to myself. I did five rounds of this:

20 BW squats
20 feet up push ups
20 step ups, later rounds with 10 to 30 lbs in each hand. The last round was killer.
10 t-bar lat pulls. An barbell with 75 lbs on one end, lifted towards the chest.
20 kb TH swings. 20 kilo bell used
10 ab roll outs.
8-10 bicep curls
8-10 triceps extensions - both with 60 lb barbell. Also quite a challenge

A good sweat. But right after this was done, the rest of the day unravelled. My middle child's nose was out of joint and so, rather than be able to go out and have fun, we were all stuck at home being miserable. Just stuck.

Instead of letting that dictate my day, I got on the BBQ and got cooking. The salmon was pretty good. Later on I was able to get to the rugby club for a memorial for one of the gentlemen of the club who passed away last Saturday. Dave was 70, was just a good guy. Man, I really am not liking the way this season is looking from here. I got home in time to go to my eldest daughter's swimming event, took lots of pictures then got home for dinner with my parents.

I ate this today:

breakfast: coffee

Lunch: salmon, asparagus, glass of white wine

Dinner chicken, salad, and a bun from Swiss Chalet. Water to drink.

After the day was done and kids were all in bed, I went back to the rugby club for a short while. I promised to attend a fundraising for some soccer club, and I do things I promised I'd do. I got there, bought a ticket, had two beers, then went home. Seriously, I was so tired I feel asleep on Saturday night at about 9am. I woke up a short while ago, at about 2am. I'm going to finish this post, go upstairs to check on my children, then go bad to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment