Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sat and Sun Feb 4 and 5

Saturday was a tough day to get through. It started really early, with my boy getting me out of bed at 4 am. I put him back and went back to the sack. I did get up at 6:30 and was able to get a run in by 9 am.

After I got this run in, my kids wanted a workout, so I set up something in my gym, a routine of sorts. I call it "mov Nat, but really, it's like Mov Nat lite. No striking, no crawling ... not a single lift in sight. I'm dealing with a 9 year old a 6 year old and a child who is 14 months old. So, forgive me if I don't get them to deadlift 600 lbs.

So we did this for an hour:


Seriously, I had a nice sweat on at the end of it; two workouts by 2pm. After that my diet went to heck in a handbasket ... it was my dad's 75th birthday. Meh, whatever.

Ate this:

Breakfast: eggs and chicken with coffee

Lunch was pizza with my kids. That was an awesome meal - my kids were just cool. Water to drink.

Dinner: pasta with stir fry vegetables, beer to drink, coffee and birthday cake after.

Sunday was a long day, man.

Breakfast: smoothie, coffee after church

Snack: eggs and salmon. That was yummy

Lunch: smoothie: frozen berries with milk. I just couldn't think of anything else to eat.

Dinner: rice and stir fry; water to drink. Hot chocolate after dinner. Why? I had to try it.

During the day, I had my boy... we were bored, so we went and bought a pair of boxing gloves. Nice beginners squisy 14 ounce pair. They`re big!

After dinner, before doing the groceries for the next few days, I did a 7.3 k run. I'm thinking that is about it in terms of length. I mean I might do a regular 8k run, but I'm pretty sure that would be the furthest I'd run on a weekly basis. It's just too much time, with not what I want in return. I'd rather spend the time and risk potential injury in the gym doing deadlifts, chin ups and kettlebell lifts. Just me.

Anyway, here is a random pic from my hard drive:

No comments:

Post a Comment