Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sat Mar 12



Man, that iPad is rather useful when it comes to getting simple messages across... there was no workout today, as I was running the 5k race in Hamilton. I did not eat well before or after this race, nor did I think it went particularly well, regardless of the fact that I cut a few minutes off of last year's time and I weighed in today at 226.

Yup. 16 more to go to goal weight.

I ate this:

Breakfast: coffee and roast beef and a banana. I honestly thought I'd get another meal in before the race. I was wrong.

Lunch: bowl of chili and a Guiness beer after the race. My stomach actually growled at me during the race, I was so hungry.

Snack: tuna on salad. Water to drink.

Dinner: pizza and beer. It was an awesome recovery meal. I'm going to do a good workout tomorrow and see about making up for this meal.

I'll just go out on a limb and say, yeah.... nutrition was an important thing this week, but survival was the main point. Next week, being a week of holidays, will be better.

I'm just going to point out that although I am not working this week, I plan on working out every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment