Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wed March 16


This was a busy day, one which did not allow me to feel like crap. I felt like crap anyhow. Something, a cough, a full nose ... something is bugging my breathing.

I woke up late, as I had part of the night shift with my little boy. He's wonderful, but sure likes to keep weird hours. He's got the same cough as I do, only a few weeks longer. Got up about 8am. Yup, that's sleeping late these days. Did a coffee run, got home and then I was kept occupied for the rest of the day.

I stayed home to hold my son to let "the girls" do up a local museum. I held onto the two younger ones in the afternoon so that my eldest and my wife could go get their nails done. Was I a typical housewife? Ah, not really. I got to a few projects that were nagging and now almost complete.

I added an external hard drive to the router in the basement, letting me do overnight Time Machine backups instead of less routinely. Back up your hard drive right now, seriously. Then I got out my buddy's tapes from the early 90's. He died in a car crash fifteen years ago; listening to him play was always cool, man. A real shame he died. I have the basic set up mastered, it's just the gremlins getting in the way that prevented me completing this one. Feeding the baby, a cord being pulled out of the wall, wrong hole for the plug. I tried four times and finally gave up for the day. I'll get back at it tomorrow.

I did get a chance to get a few cheap and free camera apps for the iPhone today, while two kids slept on me. I also did some reading of the Ah-nold book I got last week, too.

I didn't work out until 9pm. I got four rounds of this done:

20 TH KB swings
10 KB snatches (each side)
20 Body weight swuats
15 feet up push ups
5 chin ups
10 knees to chest while hanging off the chin up bar.

No one was woken up during this workout. I finished and I heard three children snoring. What a wonderful sound. Makes my heart warm. Tomorrow, they train with me.

I ate this today:

Breakfast: coffee

Snack: (I'll call it that, it was about that time) chicken breast wraps with lettuce, shredded veggies and hot goo. hmmm hot goo...

Lunch: almonds, water. Prunes.

Dinner: burger with veggies, salad. Red wine to drink. Two pieces of last year's Easter chocolate. It went well with the wine, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment