Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday March 20

OK, today was a good day - so far. I'm posting this a little earlier than usual, 'cuz, well, really 'cuz I can.

I woke up late, about 8am. Got the coffee run in, read the paper and then did some upgrading/repairing to my garage gym and stuff therein. The old speakers are now up in my child's room (I'm wondering if this is a good idea or not) and I now have a kick ass ghetto blaster in there. It's going to rock, man. I have yet to really crank that sucker, but I will ...someday.

I went to a kettlebell clinic today at the Strength Box, in East York. I've discovered that I truly suck at doing the long cycle in KB Sport. I know why, too: I'm so used to doing kB presses when working out (I do cleans, I do snatches... never clean and jerk for some reason). I press a lot of weight overhead, rarely do I jerk it. And so, I spent the afternoon hearing "No count .... no count .... no count." as I tried to get the weights up. Not a bad workout, just a little embarrassing. Meh, I kicked ass in the snatch. But I'm kinda sore at the moment, after two hours of lifting and stretching.

I ate this today:

Breakfast: coffee

Brunch: chicken wraps with salad and hot goo.

Snacks: coffee to drink

Dinner: Lasagna with lots of salad, veggies and hummus, red wine to drink. That was good, man.

Finally, to continue the tradition of marking this week, I'm going to give myself a B minus. Had enough workouts, made the Kettlebell clinic, just too much alcohol on a week off to give myself a break. Tomorrow I'll check weight to see how that is doing. I feel good, generally have the idea that things are going in the right direction, but this is a quest for a certain weight class, so I must check my weight at least once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment