Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wed Dec 1


I tried to get back to normal today.

But it started EARLY ... I woke at about 5am, tried to get back to sleep, but couldn't. So, I got up and got my workout out of the way, finishing shortly after 6am.

As many rounds as possible of the following:

10 push ups
10 BW squats
5 chin ups
10 40 KB double handed swings
6-8 40 lb presses each side
8 KB rows

I did this for about 25 minutes, finishing just after 6am, got my kids' lunch ready, got them up and then got them off to school. I got to the hospital to see my newborn son by 8am. I spent the day there, trying hard not to eat like an idiot. I went to a PD session for work at 4:30, then went back to the hospital until after 8pm. I'm catching some of the UFC Season 14 on the tv before bed. I wanted to do another workout before bed, but fell asleep until about five minutes ago.

I'm thinking tomorrow will be a photocopy of today, except that I'm going to put in an appearance at work tomorrow.

I ate this:

Breakfast: smoothie - frozen fruit, OJ, GJ.

Lunch: chilli, coffee

Dinner: slice of pizza

After hospital snack: meat and onion, fried in a pan. Deeelish.

Lots of water today, too. I also had a multivitamin at some point in time.

I'm getting some reading done, too. A book about a secret tribe of ultrarunners in Mexico. Seems kind of silly, but at least the author knows how to tell a story. On CD, in the car, while I'm driving around without my kids.

2 comments:

  1. Born to Run? It's a great read, I am on my second reading of it. So will you be going barefoot soon?

    Funny that Caballo Blanco found me on facebook last week and added me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Born to Run ... is it a serious book .. I mean something that really happened? The Literature student in me is looking at it like a fake story, like Catcher in the Rye; you're never sure if you should take the story teller seriously ...

    ReplyDelete