Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sun Jan 2 2011




I liked today, for all the wrong reasons. I was up with my boy from about 4:30 for about an hour, feeding him. At 6, I decided to go for a run. So .. I went for a 10 k run. Yup, I felt I had to, as I wanted to know something a bit more about myself - namely ... can I run 10k?

I did it in 50 minutes, 8 seconds. I beat my PR by 8 minutes, man. Which was awesome. My iPod told me I used 1200 calories, too.

I got home for 9am. Yup, it took me that long to run it, which was weird for me, since I usually run half that length and have no worries about time. In any case, I needed a mental boost (as well as a vent for some calories) and got this run done. Was pretty cool, man. I then had a two hour nap with my feet up on pillows, which did a lot for my legs, not so much for my neck.

I got home, showered and went straight back out for a Timmy Hos run. I got coffee.

Here's what I ate for the day:

Breakfast: a post run coffee.

Lunch: roast beef and veggie wrap.

Snack: coffee with almonds

Dinner: bowl of pasta, red wine to drink.

I also did five rounds of this in the afternoon:

20 inverted push ups
20 KB swings
10 heavy bag lifts
10 BW TRX rows
10 tricep extensions

I went to the rugby tournament yesterday, talked to people, gotten emails about him, posted links about the accident, have posted pics of Roddy on facebook, been generally negative about the whole situation. I talked to my wife about it while we drove to Toronto yesterday. I feel like the Matt Damon character at the end of Saving Private Ryan .. asking my wife if I'm a good man. I dunno the answer to that, but I do know that they all love me, regardless of my faults as a human being. I'm thinking I've earned it, but need more adventures in my life to make sure that I have done everything that I thought I could do here.

Do that make me a moody person? Dunno about that. I do know that I am looking forward to the Spartan Race .. and a few others. I looked really carefully at the Running Rooms' online course for a marathon. Although I do admit that something like that, I'd want someone to help me in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment