Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sun Jan 23



Today was pretty full and my van freaked me out - a blinking light and a message to turn off my AC was kinda bizarre, keeping in mind that the air temp here is -21 Celcius. Which, for my American friends translates into pretty freaking cold.

I got up as early as I could - I had the baby in my ear most of the night, grunting away. I don't know how someone could have that amount of gas in their body if they are only drinking milk. Seriously.

I took my family for a drive, stuck a DVD in to get my two older children out of my hair and got a chance to talk to my wife over a coffee.

We chatted about money, and it seems that there is a need for me to get extra hours (and therefore extra money) from February until June. I have to do this, at least according to our MasterCard statement which came Friday. So, I have come to the fork in the road, so to speak: I started this blog with the statement that "If we were desperate, I wouldn't be doing this. I'd get another job." Well, that moment hasn't quote been reached, but I see the bridge coming up ahead, and I'm headed straight for it... so, I'm talking to my boss about getting more hours this week. Sorry to say I can apply online.

I will come up with another event to train my guts out in which to participate - I know that rugby is coming this summer, and I have a lot on my plate already. I want to keep training, keep moving forward.

I ate this today:

Breakfast/brunch - pancakes with maple syrop. That was tasty.

Lunch - roast beef wrap, veggies, too.

Snack: coffee

Dinner - egg, roast beef and asparagus. Water to drink. Almonds for dessert.

Snack pre-groceries decaf tea.

After dinner, I waited about an hour, then did this five rounds of this workout, at a fairly high intensity until my two older children came into in the garage with the car in it "To see what Daddy was doing." I slowed down, as it was so squishy in there with three bodies, and showed them what was up.

10 160 lb deadlifts.
10 bench flies 30 lbs
20 BW squats
20 kb swings 40 lb bell
5 snatches each side
5 chin ups
10 knees to chest while hanging onto the chin up bar.
10 bicep curls
10 tricep extensions

Took about 25-30 minutes, then came in for a bath with my son. Then did groceries ... there was a deal on tonight .. 2 for 1 on blueberries .... which I have seen before... then I got to the roast beef isle ... there was a 2 for 1 deal on roasts, too. That, my friends was a weird heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment