Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Oct 15

Saw this:



I will have to try that second trick.

I also tried one of these today:




And it was rather freaking gross.

Other than that, I ate fairly well today, despite not feeling all that well:

Breakfast was a smoothie; frozen strawberries, juices and flax seed. Coffee on the way in.

Lunch was a chicken wrap at home with my wife, as she is on Mat leave now. Water to drink. I came home at lunch to grab my dad's old bike to take it to Chris Reed.

Dinner was two slices of gluten-free pizza. Not bad, really. I think I ate too much, as I was almost feeling it during the run I did tonight.

Snack was a small slice of pizza after the race. Meh, it was ok.

I thought the race went well, finished with a time of 28 minutes, which is not bad. I'm going to have to calibrate the Nike+ system, as it is stealing distance from me at the moment. One thing that races (and competitions) do is bring out weak points; hills, or at least hilly terrain, is my weakness. My normal route is really flat, and I'm going to want to get more hill training in before I do this race again. Lots of kids at the Creepy mile, some even did the entire 5k race. Future plans for me include a 10k race - but not for a while, yet. Lemme get down to 200lbs before that happens.

I've been burned twice now in trying to pick up race kit early. I'm going to do this again - perhaps in a month or two, perhaps longer, but pick up the kit just before the race.I got some nice shots with the iPhone, too.



I went to drop off the bike after work today, and Chris got into the van and we drove to a tire yard. It was messy and gross, but I picked out a pretty good tire for myself. I didn't take any pics, but I did get it back to Burlington, washed it and then into the garage without too many difficulties. (Note to self, bring pants to dry cleaners tomorrow...) I'm rather stoked to try the tire out, man. Should be at least interesting, if not downright friggin' cool. I'm going to have to shoot some video with the iPod, man.

I was seriously thinking about going out for a beer at BP, but since it is now waaaay past my bedtime, I am too tired to go. Isn't that cool? I am too lazy even to go get beer.

Anyway, I was not selected to start tomorrow, only sub. We'll see if that changes tomorrow. After the game is a costume party, too. I usually don't go to them, but this one I might. Wait, I also have my eldest girl's BD party the following day, so I'm thinking that I'm not going to want to show up hung over to that... Whoa, I'm getting almost clear headed in my old age.

All in all, though, this was a good day. Action taken, a race run and my kids were well fed in a warm house in a pleasant neighbourhood, with two loving parents. I'm grateful for all that any many other things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment