Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Oct 18




I had a hard time getting back the time I lost this morning. There was some sort of power outage at my house last night and knocked out my alarm clock; I got out of bed at 7am. Yes, 7am. I should have been out of bed an hour earlier. Needless to say that affected the rest of my day.

I love my family - they were awesome this morning, getting the day started with a shotgun blast and letting me get to work, almost on time. Technically late by 8:05am, I did call my boss who was mildly amused. I got to work at 8:10, with no breakfast, no coffee, nothing.

Although, I have to say that I listened to Mike McNeil's interview with Vic Magary during this frantic time. That was interesting. I had the iPod on shuffle, so the next file after that one was some sort of mental focus track from Erkert Tolle. Evidently I'm supposed to "Not offer any resistance to life." Yeah, that was rather puzzling, man. I drove home to pick up lunch, put dinner in the crock pot and then returned to work.

Anyway, for the record, here is what I ate:

Breakfast: (about 10am, really late, I know) tuna sandwich, carrots and celery

Lunch Tuna on Salad, almonds, carrots with spicy hummus.

Dinner: chicken breast, rice with a salad.

Snack: a smoothie: half a banana, frozen berries, flax seed, Green Goo, OJ. Blended.

Workout was four rounds of this:

1A) Assisted Chins sets of 6; easier with the help, I gotta tell you.
1B) inclined push ups - sets of 15
2) Tire Flip 5 x 3-4 reps
3A)KB Farmer Walk 4 x 150'
3B) 4 tire hops and 5 slam balls
3C) 10 TRX atomic crunches

In this middle, I thought my grip was going to give out; not mu strongest thing about me, and so I am working on that. I was supposed to do some sprints at 3B), but it was crappy out and wanted to stay dry and healthy. Well, that's what I'm telling myself, anyway.

I got a few emails from a dude I know in Hamilton, one link was to Forest City Surplus. A cheap source of army duffel bags for sand bags/wrestling dummies. Cheap - like less than 20 bucks! I'm also going to go get the left over section of the telephone pole I've seen near my house for another guy - need to work on my karma, man.

I enjoy being a dad, I really do. I did get a little annoyed with some stuff I read about being forgotten by the history books. So many motivational speakers talk shit, as if being merely a father will somehow "leave me out of the history books". Well, big friggin deal. People aren't impressed with assholes, they just stand out for being assholes. Whatever. We do our own things, I get to live my life with my family, making with it what we will. I can't do that sitting on a couch getting fatter and more bitter. Too much of that stuff around already.

On a much lighter note, I also learned how to make my own ringtone, I also went to Rona and did some looking into making a dip station out of PVC pipe... I also played Scrabble with my wife ...and WON! (seriously, that doesn't happen very often, man). I finally recovered from the day .... just in time to go to bed.... ;)

just before I do, I'm thinking of something extra ... another race, perhaps. Or a race wearing a Santa Suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment