Sunday, May 8, 2011

Friday and Saturday May 6 and 7




Friday was a training day - that is, I was given a day to catch up on work. ;)

I ate this:

Breakfast: steak and eggs, coffee to drink

Snack: water and walnuts

Lunch: tuna on salad, water to drink.

Dinner was salmon and veggies, huge salad, beer to drink

nightcap was beer while playing scrabble with my wife.

I drove to a cottage for the weekend on Friday, so my workouts were 10 minute goes of lifting stuff to the van and packing. Or unpacking. I was also up and down the hill at my brother's cottage. More on that later.

Saturday I woke up at the usual time, 5:50am. So did my kids, so I rounded them up and took them out of the cottage so that others could sleep. I have a newborn, so we drove. When we got back I did a workout best described as "MovNat" ... I do have pics, I will up load them later ... but here it is:

Did five rounds of this:

walk up 8m of hill in low crouch, leaping from rock to rock
free climb big rock
30 BW squats
30 push ups, various hand positions/ feet heights
continue up another 15m free climb of hill/vertical rock to top of hill.
Sprint down to start (about 50 metres)





Seriously, it was pretty cool and tiring. There is a path, which I must say that last year, made me cringe when I got to the top. This time, no such problems. Lots of trips up and down, lots of cut down saplings brought up... there was even one I canoed out from under a tree, hoisted it onto the dock and then up to the top of the hill within a few minutes. I'm in not bad shape, man.

My diet sucked though.

Breakfast: fruit and coffee

Snack: doritos, water to drink

Lunch: chicken caesar salad - light on the chicken, heavy on the salad

Dinner was a glorious steak, grilled red and green peppers/ zuchinni with red wine to drink. Desert was a piece of pecan pie.

Night cap- beer while watching a hockey game with my dad.

2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this MovNat thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun - and kinda hard, to be honest. Way cooler than running on a treadmill, man...

    ReplyDelete