Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tues May 10

Check it out, there's a bit of hype about the Spartan Race in the news today. People were shocked that I would sign up for it....

Meh, whatever.

I sold my 32 kilo kettlebell today, too.

Yeah, I'm liking being fitter than I was last year, but I'm still not at my goals. I'm stressing at work and I'm just not eating well. My left shoulder is just not helping at the moment ... and I hate that I started this blog post like I was twelve years old, making excuses to my father, the coach.

The fact of the matter is that I have been keeping a lid on myself for the last few weeks, however poorly. My workmates have noticed that I have swearing a lot more. I've noticed my patience for people's excuses is a heck of a lot shorter. I tend to laugh cynically at the drop of a banana peel, too, these days. Just always in a bad mood.

It's almost over - I have to make it to Friday, then a lot of stuff gets removed from my plate, thanks to my collective agreement. I honestly don't know if I can handle too many more of these annual occasions at work. I made a plan tonight on the way home from work about this exact thing. Not sure if it exactly works with my personal plans, but I'll be less angry during this part of the year.

That's enough of that prattling on. Ate this today:

Breakfast: timmy ho Belt on a bagel. Just out of sheer lack of preparation. Coffee to drink on the way in.

Snack coffee

Lunch tuna on a salad, walnuts and prunes Water to drink

Snack: water to drink,

Dinner: stir fried veggies on rice with three small hunks of chicken

After rugby snack: 2 pints of beer, veggies and hummus

I felt pretty good after 80 or so minutes of running, lifting and otherwise being a nuisance at a rugby training session. Lots of sweating. After the group session, did this on my own for four rounds

60 m sprints x 2
30 two handed KB swings, 20 kilo bell used
10 KB cleans each side
10 step ups onto a picnic table
30 push ups, feet on the same table

After I completed this, I did a rolling session to get stuff moving in my legs and shoulders. My left shoulder was feeling really sore after sleeping wrong on Friday and Saturday nights up north. No warm ups before lifting people over head was not a good idea, either. Meh, nothing a few rolling sessions won't cure.

1 comment: