Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday May 24

Less than a month until the Spartan Race. I feel like crap today - did not rest well last night. Some heart pains - that is my heart felt painful. The same pains that I felt when I went to get it tested a while ago. They told me to limit the amounts of caffeine in my system then... which is what I am doing today. I'm a little sleepier than usual, but at least I know that I'll be sleeping with a clearer mind tonight.

I need to get my numbers checked and made sure that I am healthy.

I also checked out the Spartan Race blog and found out where the race will be. I can honestly say I've never been, but might have to make a training trip up there some time this week. It's close to my house, man. Might have to bike it there, just to prove how tough I am...

I ate this today:

Breakfast: steak and eggs. One small coffee.

Snack: water

Lunch: tuna sandwich and veggies.

Dinner: it was tiny, as I knew I had to get to rugby. Eggs, carrots with hummus.

After rugby was a different story. Had too much to eat: Sandwiches, veggies with hummus and beer to drink.

I did get to rugby at my usual time: about 15 minutes late. I had to help my wife get our children in bed before I left. What can I say, I did mention this to the coach and I always do fitness by myself at the end anyway. Rugby itself was 90 minutes of contact rugby, sprinting and an odd little exercise of lengths of the pitch. In 8 minutes, I did three rounds of this:

goal line to the 22m line and back
goal line to half and back
goal line to far 22m line and back
goal line to goal line.

Eight minutes, nine seconds to be exact. This was my first time doing it, so I took it easy, wanting to finish near the top of the other group of forwards. Which I did. I didn't want to, but I also wore my rugby cleats. I found that I ran more slowly than I might have without them. I'm thinking I try that again without cleats and see what I get.

After the training session, I did this by myself, rocking with tunes from my van:

three rounds of:
20 two handed KB swings, 20 kilo bell used
10 Kb snatches, each side
20 body weight squats

then three rounds of:
15 bw squat and jumps
20 KB swings
10 kb snatches
10 kb rows
20 feet up push ups
10 ab roller in and backs

I dunno why I switched it up, but I felt a lot better after. Seriously. I got home, had to do a grocery run for the next day and a lot of other, well, stuff. I got to bed really late. I also wanted to watch the 'Nuks game, but couldn't get it online anywhere. Meh, they won.

No comments:

Post a Comment